As the Asia-Pacific region accounts for 60 percent of the world’s energy demand, the Energy Working Group (EWG) seeks to maximize the energy sector’s contribution to the region’s economic and social well-being, while mitigating the environmental effects of energy supply and use. The EWG is assisted by four Expert Groups (Clean Fossil Energy, Efficiency & Conservation, Energy Data & Analysis, New & Renewable Energy Technologies) as well as two Task Forces: one on Biofuels and the other on Energy Trade and Investment (ETITF). EWG has a large number of projects focused on a wide range of energy efficiency initiatives. Visit apec.org to learn more.
APEC Energy Ministerial Meeting and Related Meetings
October 12-14, 2015, Cebu, Philippines
Speeches and statements
- 2015 APEC Energy Ministerial Meeting
- Welcome message of OIC-Secretary Zenaida Monsada at the EMM dinner
- Opening statement of OIC-Secretary Monsada at the Joint Press Conference
- Keynote address of Senator Loren Legarda at the 12th APEC Energy Ministers’ Meeting
- Welcome remarks of OIC-Secretary Monsada at the EMM
- Opening remarks of Undersecretary Loreta G. Ayson at the APEC Special Energy Working Group meeting
- Opening remarks of Doris Magsaysay-Ho at the Energy CEO Roundtable
- EMM, IEA signed cooperation on energy
- APEC Energy Ministers push for energy resilience
- APEC Energy Ministers’ Meeting set to start
- EMM family photos
- Energy Ministers-CEOs Dialogue
- Energy CEO Roundtable meeting
- Special Energy Working Group
Click the gallery button for photos and videos.
APEC in Cebu
Read the primer on APEC 2015, in Cebuano—the language spoken in Cebu, the host of the SOM3 and Related Meetings!